Children Weep in Court as Dad Pleads Guilty to Killing Their Mother - NBC 10 Philadelphia

Children Weep in Court as Dad Pleads Guilty to Killing Their Mother

Lloyd Hill's three children wept in the courtroom as he pleaded guilty to murdering their mother and her new love



    Children Weep in Court as Dad Pleads Guilty to Killing Their Mother
    Lloyd Hill is accused of stabbing his ex-wife to death and beating her boyfriend to death.

    Lloyd Hill's three children wept in the courtroom as he pleaded guilty to murdering their mother and her new love, according to the Bucks County Courier Times.

    According to the newspaper, two of Hill's daughters also read tearful statements in court about losing their mother, but Hill, 41, showed no emotion.

    The Quakertown man admitted he stabbed his former wife to death and beat her boyfriend to death with a bat on Jan. 27, 2012. The murders took place at the Nockamixon Township apartment where the victims, Stephanie Hill and Frederick Tarantino, lived.

    Documents released by the Bucks County Office of the District Attorney detail an abusive relationship between Lloyd and Stephanie Hill.  The Hills had been married for 22 years. Lloyd Hill was convicted of assaulting his wife during the marriage and Stefanie applied for and received a protection from abuse order.

    According to the documents the Hills had been friends with Fred Tarantino and his wife Tara for approximately three years. Fred and Lloyd Hill became good friends. In the summer of 2010, Stefanie Hill and Fred Tarantino began having an affair.

    After the affair was discovered in August of 2011, Fred and Stefanie moved out of their homes and lived together at various residences, according to the documents.

    In October of 2011 the couple and Hill's daughter, Marissa, moved to the Nockamixon Township apartment where the couple was killed.

    Lloyd Hill and his son moved in with Tara Tarantino in Quakertown and, according to the documents, Tara and Lloyd became a couple.

    In early 2012, Tara Tarantino told Lloyd Hill she was moving and he'd have to find a new place to live.

    On the night before the murders Lloyd Hill called Stefanie Hill to complain that it was all her and Fred's fault for having an affair, that if that did not happen they would still be together, according to court documents.

    Investigators say in early January 2012, Marissa Hill overheard her father tell her mother "do not be surprised when I am standing over your bed with a shotgun and I kill you and Fred."

    A friend of Stefanie Hill's told police that Stefanie told her about a text message she received from Lloyd Hill stating, "I am not sure what I am going to do, I am either moving to Virginia, or I am going to stab you both to death."

    Tara Tarantino told investigators that two nights before the murders, photos of Fred with Stefanie and her children were seen by the Lloyd Hill on Facebook. Tara Tarantino said she believed that's what caused Lloyd Hill to kill the couple.

    Tara Tarantino told police on the morning of the murders, Lloyd Hill woke when his alarm went off at 3 a.m. He briefly went back to bed and then got up and said he was going to the gym.

    Lloyd Hill told police when he woke up he drank grape vodka and wine. He took a knife from the kitchen and a baseball bat from Tara's car, according to investigators.

    Lloyd Hill went to Stefanie Hill and Fred Tarantino's apartment building and attacked Tarantino with the bat as he was leaving for work.

    Investigators said he took the apartment key from Tarantino, entered the apartment and stabbed Stefanie Hill in her bed. The couple's daughter, Marissa, heard her mother call for help and found her father stabbing her, according to police.

    Lloyd Hill left the bed, walked past his daughter, told her he killed Fred and then left, said investigators.

    Marissa Hill called 911 at 5:25 a.m.

    Lloyd Hill called Tara Tarantino and told her that he had killed Stefanie and Fred and said he was going to kill himself.

    Police say he made several attempts to remove money from Tara Tarantino's bank account using her ATM card. These transactions were captured on surveillance video.

    Hill was eventually stopped by State Police and taken into custody.