'No Time to Get No Jack': Neighbors Spring Into Action to Lift Car Off Girl - NBC 10 Philadelphia
Breakfast Buzz

Breakfast Buzz

Your morning dose of need-to-know news, weather and more.

'No Time to Get No Jack': Neighbors Spring Into Action to Lift Car Off Girl

Neighbors spring into action to lift car off injured girl



    Caught on Cam: Good Samaritans Lift Vehicle Off Girl Following Crash in Southwest Philadelphia

    A group of Good Samaritans were caught on camera pulling an SUV off a little girl who had just gotten hit on South 60th Street in Southwest Philadelphia Sunday. NBC10 spoke to one of the rescuers.

    (Published Tuesday, May 9, 2017)

    An SUV struck three girls while they were crossing the street in a Southwest Philadelphia neighborhood Sunday evening, trapping one the victims underneath the vehicle, police said.

    The girls, ages, 5, 9, and 10, were walking on the 2000 block of S. 60th Street at 6:01 p.m. when they were struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on 60th Street in the Kingsessing neighborhood. The 9-year-old girl was pinned under the car.

    Neighbors Lift Car Off ChildNeighbors Lift Car Off Child

    In Philadelphia's Kingsessing neighborhood a little girl hit by a car was helped by witnesses. NBC10's Pamela Osborne reports.

    (Published Monday, May 8, 2017)

    Neighbors who saw the accident ran to help the girls and, along with the driver, used their hands to lift up the SUV. 

    "We ain't got no time to get no jack to get this car off her," witness Darreyl Steplight told NBC10. "Everybody just participated, it was like 15 to 20 people helping us lift the car up and get it off of her."

    All three children were taken to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. The 9-year-old was listed in critical condition while the other two victims were listed as stable.

    "The little girl could have lost her life, right now she's battling for her life," said another witness. Top News: Racism the Focal Point of MLK DayTop News: Racism the Focal Point of MLK Day

    The driver of the striking vehicle remained at the scene and no charges were immediately filed, police said.

    The investigation continued Monday.