Officials in suburban Philadelphia say the state will now give local school districts and contractors access to lifetime driving records of bus drivers.
The change comes after authorities said a school bus driver charged in a fatal crash in February was also involved in an accident that killed toddler, Morgan Lee Pena, a decade ago.
Current records only cover a decade of driving.
Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman and other officials announced Monday that the records will also include the severity of any accidents. They say they hope the changes will go into effect by the beginning of the next school year.
Authorities allege that Frederick Poust III ran 10 stop signs and had been talking on a wireless headset before the Feb. 17 crash outside Perkiomen Middle School West that killed 27-year-old Richard Taylor, injured another and endangered the lives of more than 40 children. Poust told officials he also ran a stop sign while dialing a cell phone before the 1999 accident.