What to Know
The Rock 'N' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon, 10K and 5K will take over city streets Sept. 15 and 16.
The bulk of road closures in Center City, the Art Museum area and river drives take place for Sunday's half marathon.
This is a full list of road closures and parking restrictions.
More than 11,000 runners from all 50 states and around the world will look to kick asphalt at this weekend's Rock 'N' Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon races.
Saturday and Sunday mornings are filled with Rock-N-Roll runs. Saturday is bringing in a 5K and 10K and Sunday has got the half marathon in store.
With these runs come street closures and parking restrictions. So buckle up and adjust your drive accordingly.
Expect some extra foot traffic Friday and Saturday in the area of the race expo at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Center City Philadelphia.
On Saturday, the 5K (7 a.m. start time) and 10K (7:30 a.m. start time) will go along the Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. The north side of Eakins Oval will be closed from 5 to 10:15 a.m. and the Spring Garden Street ramp from Eakins Oval will be closed from 6 to 8 a.m., according to race organizers.
MLK Drive will be closed from Eakins Oval to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge for all of Saturday.
The Schuylkill Expressway (Interstate 76) and the Kelly Drive could be used as alternates Saturday but expect possible slow going.
Sunday is the big race, the half marathon. The 13.1-mile race begins around 7:30 a.m. A bulk of the road closures along the Ben Franklin Parkway, in Center City and along the river drives begin before the race and last until late morning or early afternoon.
Half Marathon Road Closures:
- MLK Drive from the Falls Bridge to Art Museum Drive closed all day
- The north side of Eakins Oval to Art Museum Drive from 3:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Spring Garden Street ramp from 3:30 to 10 a.m.
- Ben Franklin Parkway from Eakins Oval to 22nd Street 3:30 a.m. to noon
- Ben Franklin Parkway between 16th and 22nd Streets from 6:45 to 10 a.m.
- Kelly Drive from Spring Garden Street to the Falls Bridge from 6:45 to 11:15 a.m.
- Falls Bridge between Kelly and MLK drives from 6:45 to 11:30 a.m.
- Logan Square between 18th and 19th streets from 6:45 to 10 a.m.
- Arch Street from 6 to 16th streets from 6:45 to 9 a.m.
- Arch Street from 17th to 22nd streets from 6:45 to 9:45 a.m.
- 6th Street From Arch to Market streets from 6:45 to 9 a.m.
- Market Street from 6th to Penn Square from 6:45 to 9:30 a.m.
- Penn Square from Market to 15th streets from 6:45 to 9:30 a.m.
- Market Street from 15th to 22nd streets from 6:45 to 9:30 a.m.
- N 22nd Street from Market to Arch streets from 6:45 to 9:30 a.m.
- N 17th Street from Arch Street to the Ben Franklin Parkway from 6:45 to 9:45 a.m.
- Art Museum Drive from Ben Franklin Parkway to Pennsylvania Avenue from 6:45 to 10 a.m.
- Spring Garden Street from Pennsylvania Avenue to Kelly Drive from 6:45 to 10 a.m.
Parking Restrictions from midnight to 10 a.m.
- Ben Franklin Parkway from 16th to 22nd streets
- Logan Square from 18th to 19th streets
- Arch Street from 6th to 16th streets and 17th to 22nd streets
- 6 Street from Arch to Market streets
- Market Street from 6th Street to Penn Square and 15th to 22nd streets
- Penn Square from Market to 15th streets
- N 22nd Street from Market to Arch streets
- N 17th Street from Arch Street to the Ben Franklin Parkway
- Art Museum Drive from Ben Franklin Parkway to Pennsylvania Avenue
Expect slow going on the Schuylkill Expressway and on Center City streets Sunday morning.