The retrial of a Philadelphia priest charged with abusing a 14-year-old boy in 1996 has been delayed again.
The Philadelphia District Attorney's Office confirms Monday's jury selection was delayed until June 16, after the attorney for the Rev. James Brennan's attorney requested a continuance for further investigation.
City prosecutors retrying the 50-year-old cleric because a jury last year deadlocked on attempted rape and child endangerment charges.
The jury acquitted Brennan of conspiring with four other church officials, who were all convicted and sentenced to prison after a landmark trial that alleged a broad cover-up of abuse complaints at the Philadelphia archdiocese.
A young man accuses Brennan of abusing him while Brennan was on leave from the Roman Catholic priesthood.
In July, after the retrial was announced, Fr. Brennan told NBC10 that he's "stronger" than ever.
"I'm stronger now than I've ever been," he said at the time. "This has really brought me to a whole new place, spiritually and personally and I rely on friends and family like never before."
Brennan remains free on bond.