Perhaps a rare example of public catharsis, the offices where former Delaware pediatrician Earl Bradley raped and sexually abused more than 85 young patients over more than a decade will be destroyed next month.
Volunteers and state officials alike will be bringing these chambers of depravity to the ground on Oct. 10.
The doctor’s offices on Delaware Route 1 will be emptied of all of Bradley’s personal belongings and then bulldozed to nothingness the same day, authorities told the News Journal.
“Everything is going to be demolished, 100 percent,” said Harry Caswell, a contractor who has been organizing the volunteer demolition effort told the News Journal. “They don’t want anything to get out to the public.”
A spokesman for Attorney General Beau Biden tells The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., that logistical details for the Oct. 10 demolition are still being worked out with other state agencies.
Bradley was sentenced last month to 14 life sentences without parole for 14 counts of first-degree rape. Bradley also was sentenced to more than 160 years in prison for multiple counts of assault and sexual exploitation of a child.
Bradley was arrested in Dec. 2009 after a 2-year-old girl complained to her mother after an office visit that the doctor had hurt her.
All of the alleged victims, including one boy, were caught on more than 13 hours of homemade video recordings, some dating to 1998, that were seized from Bradley's office and home.
Investigators seized dozens of homemade videos of the rapes and abuse from an outbuilding at the Lewes complex, where Bradley had lured patients with promises of treats and toys.