HVAC Worker Falls After Being Shocked Inside Building - NBC 10 Philadelphia
Breakfast Buzz

Breakfast Buzz

Your morning dose of need-to-know news, weather and more.

HVAC Worker Falls After Being Shocked Inside Building

The victim was briefly unconscious and had signs of electrical burns on his arms.

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Delaware HVAC Worker Falls Off Ladder After Being Shocked

    A man was rushed to the hospital after he was shocked while working on a HVAC System inside a building in Wilmington, Delaware and then falling to the floor.

    (Published Monday, Feb. 27, 2017)

    A man is in the hospital after he was shocked while working on the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) System of a building in Wilmington, Delaware Monday, causing him to fall and hit his head.

    Officials say an employee inside a building on 1201 North Orange Street shortly after 3 p.m. heard a strange noise on the ninth floor and went to investigate. The employee then found an unresponsive HVAC worker who was convulsing while hanging from a ladder in the ceiling area. As the employee went to help him, the ladder tipped over and the HVAC worker fell, striking his head on the floor.

    The victim was briefly unconscious and had signs of electrical burns on his arms. He was taken to Christiana Hospital. Officials have not yet revealed his condition.

    Firefighters isolated the HVAC unit the victim had been working on. They are securing the power of the unit until it can be inspected.