Six People Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Montco Apartments - NBC 10 Philadelphia

Six People Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Montco Apartments

Apartment complex evacuated as 5 victims are rushed to the hospital

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Six People Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning at Montco Apartments
    NBC Philadelphia
    A carbon monoxide scare at a local apartment complex sends five people to the hospital.

    Six people, including two children, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms Monday morning at the Llanberris Apartments at 101 Conshohocken State Road in Bala Cynwyd, Pa., firefighters said.

    Around 8:45, the victims were found out front of Building C with symptoms related to CO poisoning, officials said.

    The two kids and three of the adults were rushed to the hospital while the sixth victim refused treatment, officials said.

    A search revealed no more victims but all buildings at the complex were evacuated, according to authorities.

    Crews did however find high levels of carbon monoxide inside three of the five buildings at the complex, they said.

    A faulty heater or too much pressure coming into the building were believed to be responsible for the CO. PECO and firefighters remained on the scene Tuesday afternoon to investigate.

    By 4:45 p.m. residents were allowed back into all units except for those in Building C, officials said.

    No firefighters were hurt during the incident.


    Fan, follow and download: Get the latest from NBCPhiladelphia.com anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, our mobile site and NBC Philadelphia. Sign up for our breaking news newsletter. And, get breaking news delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text PHIBREAKING to 639710 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.)