Sailor Burned During Homecoming Party Dies From Injuries

The fire that caused his burns was ruled accidental

A Navy sailor who was badly burned during his homecoming party died from his injuries Monday morning.

On Feb. 22, Petty Officer 2nd Class Pasquale Troisi, 31, was at a backyard party with a fire pit on the 2700 block of Broadway in Upper Moreland, Pa. when someone poured gasoline on the logs, causing an explosion which engulfed Troisi in flames.

Troisi suffered burns on more than 75 percent of his body and was taken to the hospital where he was placed in a medically-induced coma. His friend, who tried to put out the flames and suffered burns was also taken to the hospital and later released. On Monday, Troisi died from his injuries.

The entire incident was ruled an accident and no criminal investigation is being conducted, said Upper Moreland Township Police Lt. Carl Robinson.

Troisi was back in the area to hang out with family and friends after a tour of duty in Afghanistan. He grew up in Warminster, Pa. and attended Archbishop Wood High School. He recently moved to California with his fiancé and two children.

A benefit will be held for Troisi on April 20 at Maggio's Restaurant in Southampton, Pa. at 9:30 p.m. All proceeds will go to his family for funeral expenses and a scholarship fund for his children. Click here for more information on the event.

Contact Us