2nd Arrest Made in AK-47 Club Shooting

Police arrested one of the two suspects connected to a shooting at a Philadelphia Gentleman’s Club last May.

Police arrested a second suspect connected to a shooting at a Philadelphia Gentleman’s Club last May.

On May 11, at 1:55 a.m., police say Henry Pettigrew, 21, and Shamarr Pitts got into an argument with management and bouncers at the Purple Orchid Gentlemen’s Club on the 3200 block of South 61st Street.

“There was an argument over music,” said Philadelphia Police Lieutenant John Walker.

After the two men were kicked out of the club, police say Pettigrew returned minutes later, armed with an AK-47. Surveillance video captures a man, who police identify as Pettigrew, firing several shots at a car in a parking lot. The video then shows the suspect slipping and falling twice before opening the door of the club and spraying gunfire inside.

Credit: Philadelphia Police

Police say an innocent bystander sitting inside his car was struck.

“The bullet went through the back of the car and through the victim’s side,” said Walker. “Luckily he walked out of the hospital.”

Pettigrew then entered a light-colored sedan driven by Pitts and the two fled the scene, according to investigators.

On June 4, police say they found Pitts armed with a .22 caliber handgun inside a home in Lansdowne. He was arrested and charged with conspiracy, attempted murder and other related charges.

Pettigrew was on the loose for several months until police say a tipster led them to a home in the Grays Ferry section of the city. Police say they found Pettigrew at the home on Wednesday and took him into custody.

Walker said Pettigrew awaits arraignment on multiple counts of attempted murder, aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and weapons charges.

According to court records, Pettigrew was previously arrested in 2008 for a dozen charges-- including several charges involving firearms. All twelve of those charges against him were withdrawn. 

Contact Us