Dr. Pearson has five unconventional ways women can convince their men to get a colonoscopy:
- She should get one herself -- women get colon cancer as much as men
- Appeal to his sense of family -- make sure he is around to see them grow
- Appeal to his sense of competition -- all the cool guys are getting one
- Tell him it's preventative maintenance -- like changing the oil in a car
- So that he can prove that his head is not lodged up there
Of course using romance as a lure could also work, according to the doc.
A colonoscopy may just save his life, but if all else fails, the doc says, the hell with him, get one yourself and possibly save your own life.
Fan, follow and download: Get the latest from NBCPhiladelphia.com anytime, anywhere. Follow NBC10 HealthWatch on Facebook. Sign up for our health newsletter. And, get breaking news delivered right to your mobile phone -- just text PHIBREAKING to 639710 to sign up. (Message and data rates may apply.)