Harry Gross: Register of Wills can help with transfer

Dear Harry: My mother passed away in 1993. She was a widow, and I'm her only child. My wife and I are living in the family home and have lived here since 1990. Mother did not leave a will, and I never got around to trying to get the title changed. The mortgage is completely paid off (2001), and all the taxes and insurance are up to date. I would now like to get the title changed to my name. What is the best way to go about it? Is there a penalty because I waited so long?

Copyright PHILY - Philly.com
Contact Us