Harry Gross: How to shift funds from IRA to Roth IRA

Dear Harry: Because my income will be considerably lower this year than in the last few years, I have decided that it would be a good time to convert my regular IRA into a Roth IRA. I know this will mean that the transfer will create taxable income to me. However, some of the money in the regular IRA was from nondeductible contributions to the IRA. I'm now 60 years old. How are these handled?

Copyright PHILY - Philly.com
Contact Us