Help for Filing a Tax Extension

If you can't make the tax deadline, you can file an extension, online.

There are a number of sites that allow you to file a extention free from your home computer - but be careful.

If a site asks for your social security number and password before you even register, it could be a fake.

These are the sites recommended by NBC10 Consumer Reporter Tracy Davidson:

For filing an extension for your federal taxes online, free, you can go through TaxAct or FreeFile.

TaxBrain is a Web site that has tax extension forms for each state.

And if you want to print and mail in your extension for federal taxes, you can get Form 4868 through

Contact Us