Out of more than 3,000 counties in the United States, Chester County took the 21 spot on the U.S. wealthiest counties list, according to the Transactional Records Access Clearing House at Syracuse University.
Chester County’s AGI is $96,578.
How does this compare to Philadelphia?--Philly's AGI is at $39,660.
Montgomery County came in at 41 with $86,685.
In New Jersey, Gloucester County ranked highest for the South Jersey region with an AGI of $63, 807.
So, which counties stole the five wealthiest spots on the list?
- Goochland County, Virginia $137, 045
- Teton County, Wyoming $126,998
- Fairfield County, Connecticut $117, 425
- Falls Church City, Virginia $116, 151
- Marin County, California $116,094
And who came in dead last? St. Bernard Parish in Louisiana at $9,959. This area is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina, so it is a statistical outlier, PhillyInc reported.