As mentioned earlier, Tom Colicchio's NYC restaurant Craft turns ten years old next week and to celebrate there's a proper throwdown dinner there on Monday, March 7. (Craft alums and staffers including David Chang, Marco Canora, Jonathan Benno, Karen DeMasco, and Ahktar Nawab will each prepare a course for the celebration.) Before that, we're gathering juicy stories from them about their time at the restaurant. Up now, what chef-partner at NYC's Hearth and Terroir Marco Canora learned from Tom.
Remember, we're giving away two tickets to the dinner to a lucky reader of The Feast. Pay attention to the videos as they air, because there will be a test! [Here's the video from yesterday, in which David Chang admits to an egregious flop.]
If you're curious, here's the menu for Monday night's dinner:
1. Arrival: Hors d'oeuvres. Champagne, Rose, NV, Ruinart, France
2. Damon Wise: Marinated Sea Urchin, Sea Bean, Fennel & Smoked Turkish Pepper. Trebbiano, Valentini, 2002, Abruzzo, Italy
3. David Chang: Smoked Soft Cooked Egg, Black Truffle, Caviar, Potato & Soubise. Rioja Blanco, Vina Tondonia, Lopez de Heredia, 1993, Rioja, Spain
4. Akhtar Nawab: Lugaw - Rice Porridge with Porcini Mushroom Sabayon, Cured Spanish Mackerel, Crispy Garlic & Star Anise. Riesling, Wehlener Sonnenuhr, Joh. Jos. Prum, 2007, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany
5. Jonathan Benno: Monkfish with Braised Artichokes, Fingerling Potatoes, Black Olives & Mint. Meursault, Meix Chaveux, Roulot, 2005, France
6. Marco Canora: Pappardelle with Rabbit, Olives & Rosemary. Pinot Noir, Craft, 2008, Oregon
7. Tom Colicchio: Squab with Honey-glazed Onions, Chanterelles, Vadouvan and Licorice. Chateau Musar, 2000, Bekka Valley, Lebenon
8. James Tracey: Corned Wagyu Brisket, Root Vegetable, Mustard Consomme. Hermitage Rouge, Betts & Scholl, 2005, Rhone Valley, France
9. Jennifer McCoy: Creme Fraiche Panna Cotta with Celery Soda & Lemon Sorbet.
10. Karen DeMasco: Chocolate Babka Bread Pudding, Stout Poached Pear, & Malt Gelato. Madiera, Sercial, 1969, Portugal
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 or older as of March 2, 2011. Commencing on March 2, 2011 at 10 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and continuing through March 6th, 2011 at 4 PM, TheFeast.com ("Sponsor") will give away up to two (2) tickets to Craft's 10th Anniversary Party. Tickets will only be available while supplies last. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Location of seating (if any) shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Attendees agree to comply with all applicable arena regulations in connection with prize. Total Actual Retail Value for all prizes, including shipping and handling, $1,000.