Delco Teens Kidnap, Rape Woman on Christmas: Cops

Police say 3 teens tortured, beat & raped a woman after forcing their way inside her SUV Christmas night

A young woman endured a five-hour nightmare after being kidnapped, robbed and repeatedly sexually assaulted Christmas night by three teenagers, according to police in Delaware County.

“These guys treated her like dirt,” Upper Darby Police Superintendent Michael Chitwood told NBC10. “They were total animals as far as I'm concerned.”

Chitwood described the torture that the 22-year-old victim endured after Kevin Jones, 17; Kewon Matthews, 17; and Brehon Rawlings, 19, allegedly forced their way inside her Jeep while she waited for her boyfriend outside a bar Tuesday, threw her into the backseat and allegedly took turns sexually assaulting her at gunpoint.
“She was sexually assaulted, she was raped, they punched her, they kicked her, they smacked her.” Chitwood said.

Chitwood says the attack lasted for hours as the suspects drove the victim around Upper Darby and Philadelphia. Police say the teens also took her purse, jewelry, cell phone, car stereo and GPS. They also allegedly threatened the life of the victim’s 2-year-old daughter.

Eventually the men dropped the victim off outside a nearby bar where she was able to call her boyfriend who took her to police, investigators said.

“When you see what they did to her... she is a very, very courageous young lady,” Chitwood said. “She was able to articulate where she was, what happened, what they did, who did what.”

Officers responding to a disturbance call at a nearby house say they noticed a purse matching the victim's inside the house and they arrested the two 17-year-olds at that location. The 19-year-old was arrested the next day at his home.

Jones, Matthews and Rawlings were arraigned Thursday, charged as adults with 42 counts each including kidnapping, rape, sexual assault, robbery, conspiracy, false imprisonment and related offenses. Rawlings also faces a gun charge, according to court records.

Each teen was held on $500,000 bail. They're due in court Jan. 31 for a preliminary hearing.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us