Jurors visited the SEPTA concourse Tuesday morning where Starbucks manager Sean Conroy was attacked. Five teens are accused in the unprovoked beating that brought on Conroy's fatal asthma attack in March.
Three of the five teens accused in the attack are on trial. Jurors walked over the 13th Street concourse of the Market-Frankford Line under City Hall.
The attorneys have not commented on exactly what they observed because there is a gag order.
"How does one go from walking down the concourse, looking forward to being married, to not being on the planet?" Assistant District Attorney Jacquelline Juliano Coelho asked the jury during Monday's opening arguments.
Two teens -- Arthur Alston, 18, and Rasheem Bell, 17, pleaded guilty to third-degree murder and will be sentenced next month. Bell testified against the three friends being tried for conspiracy and third-degree murder – Kinta Stanton, 17, Nashir Fisher, 17, and Ameer Best, 18.
The teens skipped out of school early that day in March, 2008, and took the subway to the Gallery, Bell said. The attack on Conroy was based on a dare that stemmed from an argument earlier that day at Simon Gratz High School. Alston threw the first punches, Bell said, attacking Conroy from behind. Bell told jurors the other four joined in, punching and kicking Conroy.
A SEPTA police officer broke up the altercation after hearing loud laughter amid yells for help, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.
Conroy, who was gasping for breath, passed out minutes later and within thirty minutes, died in the hospital.
Get More: The Daily News, Philadelphia Inquirer