Stuffed Piquillo Pepper with Sofrito Tequila Sauce and Roasted Garlic Cream Pepper Stuffing
½ of a Spanish onion diced
2 cloves of garlic minced
6 baby artichokes cleaned and sliced
3 cups of baby spinach
1lb goat cheese
1 can of piquillo
1. Over medium heat. Start by sautéing the diced onion with the minced garlic and artichokes. Salt
2. Once the onion begins to become translucent add spinach and let it wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Deglaze pan with a dry white wine. Allow wine to reduce cooking away the alcohol.
4. Remove from heat. While still hot fold in your goat cheese.
5. Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes.
6. With a table spoon take mixture and stuff into the bottom of the piquillo pepper. Fill pepper until it is full and firm. Repeat until you have used up all you peppers.
Sofrito Tequila Sauce
1 minced medium shallot
1 tsp of thyme
1/3 cup of tequila
1 cup of sofrito or tomato sauce
1 tblspn of unsalted butter
1. Begin sweating minced shallot. Add in thyme.
2. Flambé tequila
3. Add in sofrito ( can substitute tomato)
4. Add in capers and finish with butter.
Roasted Garlic Cream
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of heavy cream
1. Roast garlic in oven
2. Puree garlic set aside.
3. Reduce heavy cream and add in garlic puree.
• 2 medium green peppers, seeds removed
• 1 red sweet pepper, seeds removed
• 2 large tomatoes
• 2 medium onions, peeled
• 1 head of garlic, peeled
• 1 bunch cilantro leaves
• 1/2 bunch parsley leaves
1. Chop and blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender.