Missing Bartender Made it Across Bridge: Investigators

Surveillance video showed the woman crossing a bridge connecting New Hope to Lambertville at 2:30 a.m., shortly before she went missing.

Investigators tell NBC10 they’ve confirmed two things about a missing bartender. She was well liked in her community, and she made it across a nearby bridge shortly before she went missing early Saturday.

On Saturday, Sarah Majoras, 39, left the John and Peter’s Bar in New Hope, Pa. around 2 a.m. Majoras works at the bar but was off-duty that night, spending her time there hanging out with friends, drinking and listening to music. After leaving, Majoras walked back towards her home on North Union Street in Lambertville which she shares with her boyfriend, Adam Baker.

Baker called the bar looking for her when she didn't return home. She hasn't been seen since then.

"Everybody I've spoken to said she was in good spirits and that she had only a few drinks," said Tony Artur, Sarah's friend.

"We fear that she's gone and we're not going to find her," said Christine Kaiser, a friend of Majoras. "That's the biggest fear. I hope to God that's not true."

Friends and family went through the neighborhood searching for Majoras. She's been a bartender at the popular spot for 16 years and they say it's very unusual for her to not return home.

"It's a little bit surreal," said Artur. "We're just waiting for some concrete information."

Police and rescue crews have been searching for Majoras since Sunday. On Monday, rescue divers searched the Lambertville canal, one of three ways Majoras may have walked to her home after leaving the bar. During their search, officials say they found a pair of eyeglasses. However, they later confirmed the glasses did not belong to her.

Prosecutors also viewed a surveillance video showing Majoras crossing a bridge connecting New Hope to Lambertville at 2:30 a.m., shortly before she went missing. In the video, Majoras enters Lambertville and heads down Lambert Lane.

"There's nothing to indicate that there's foul play," said Hunterdon County Prosecutor Anthony Kearns. "But that doesn't mean we're not open to the possibility."

Investigators say employees and friends, including Majoras’ boyfriend, have all been cooperative. Officials will continue to search for Majoras on Tuesday. Police say pings from Sarah's cell phone place her near the canal on Coryell Street where she disappeared. A state police marine unit utilizing sonar equipment will take part in the search.

Majoras' disappearance isn't the first mysterious incident to happen in Lambertville. Back in 2000, a popular musician who was hanging out at John and Pete's was found dead in the spillway of the Delaware Canal, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. David Anderson's death was never solved. Police at the time did not suspect foul play, and the autopsy was inconclusive, but  Anderson's friends speculated that he might have been the victim of a jilted lover or a stalker.

Majoras is described as a white female, standing 5-foot-4 and weighing 140 pounds with blue eyes and blonde hair. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, brown leather boots, a white cap and a camouflage jacket.

Anyone with information is asked to call New Hope Police at (215) 862-3033 or Lambertville Police at 609-397-3132.

Family Photo: Sarah Majoras pictured here with an unidentified friend.

Family Photo: Sarah Majoras

Contact Us