Recipe courtesy of Chef Nicholas Elmi, Le Bec Fin
1ea 6 oz fillet of Salmon
4 cups of Olive Oils
½ cup fava bean, peeled, blanched, peeled
2 roma tomatoes, blanched, peeled, deseeded, small diced
4 leaves basil sliced thin
2 tbl red onion fine dice
1 tbl sherry vinegar
- Make the sauce the day before.
- In a small bowl combine the diced tomato, basil, onion, sherry vinegar and 3 tbl of olive oil.
- Gently mix together.
- Cover and Place in the refrigerator so the flavors can mature.
- Season the salmon with salt and white pepper and set aside.
- Place the olive oil in a shallow pot with enough oil to cover the salmon, put on medium heat until it reaches a temperature of 140F.
- Add the salmon and let cook for three minutes.
- Flip Over and Cook for three more minutes for Medium Rare.
- While the Salmon is Cooking, put 1 tbl of butter, the fava beans, salt and pepper in a small sauce pot.
- Heat on high until boiling.
- In a serving bowl put down the warm fava beans, place the salmon on top, dress the whole salmon with the Beaumaniere Sauce