Recipe provided by Chef Romain Borgeot and Chef Olivier De Saint Martin
· 4 eggs
· 1 small shallot chopped
· 1 cup mushroom mixed, quartered
· 1 Thick slice of lean bacon
· 2 cup red wine
· 2 cup stock veal or chicken
· 1 oz butter
· 1 pinch flour
· Chives washed and chopped finally
· 4 toast points
· Salt and pepper
Poach 4 eggs in 4 cups of simmering water with a dash of vinegar but NO SALT!
1. Sauté the bacon and the shallots with the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Flour slightly, cook for a minute. Then deglace with the wine and let reduce almost all the way; Add a little bit of stock (chicken or veal), let reduce again. Finish with the butter and the chives.
3. In four dishes, place the toast points, place the egg (still warm) on it and top with the sauce.
Ile Flottante & Crème Anglaise
2 Cups Milk
1 Vanilla bean
3 ea Egg yolks
Boil the milk with the vanilla. Discard the vanilla bean
Mix thoroughtly the sugar with the egg yolks, add the milk to it and return in the pot.
Very gently and with a wooden spatula , scald the egg mixture on low heat until it coats the spatula. Remove from the stove and cool in ice bath.
6 oz Egg whites
3 oz sugar
Whip the egg whites with the sugar until stiff peaks.
Mould with a ladle, and place on a baking sheet.
Cook at 200F for 15-25 mns
To serve, divide the chilled cream in four bowls, add 1 island and decorate with
Raspberries, toasted almonds, toasted pistachios etc.