Recipe Provided by Chef Joseph Poon
Chef Joseph Poon’s Peking Duck Cheeseburger
- 1 lb. Shredded Duck Meat stir fried in Merlot Hoisin Sauce (see below)
- ½ lb. Shredded Jicama
- 16 pieces green onion (1-1/2” long)
- 8 steamed Chinese buns
- Merlot/Hoisin Sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup Merlot wine
1. Buy the Hong Kong Roasted Duck.
2. Cut the meat into strips and stir-fry with approximately 1 cup hoisin sauce and ½ cup Merlot.
3. If you cook the duck meat, don’t add any oil.
4. Add shredded jicama and two pieces of scallion (green onion).
Toast a Chinese steamed bun until golden brown.
After toasting, place peking duck into the sliced bun, top with 2 pieces of scallion and one slice of jicama. Top with ½ slice of cheddar cheese on top of hot ingredients and other half of bun. Cheese will melt.
Peking Duck Soup
- Duck bone from a ½ pound Peking Duck.
- Chinese mushrooms 6 pieces
- Ginger 1 piece - minced
- Chinese or Napa cabbage ½ pound
Place 5 quarts of water in large saucepan or soup cauldron.
Place all ingredients in water.
Heat to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.
Slow cook about 45 minutes until doneSeason to taste with Salt and Pepper.Sprinkle some chopped scallions on top before serving.
Peking Duck with Cucumber & Scallion with Merlot Hoisin Sauce (traditional style)
1. Shredded Peking duck (option beef, chicken or BBQ pork) Shredded Scallion (white part) Sliced cucumber Tortillas (grilled) Soy Bean Oil Hoisin Merlot Sauce Red Merlot Hoisin Sauce ½ lb 4 tbsp 4 tbsp 4 pc 1 tbsp 1/3 c 1 c 1. Place 1 tbsp of Hoisin Merlot
sauce on each of the peeled tortillas 2. Stir-fried the shredded BBQ Pork with 1 tbsp of soy bean oil 3. Place on each grilled tortillas 2.Sprinkle the scallion and cucumber on the top of BBQ Pork 5. Wrap it as Egg Roll then serve!
· 4 servings