4 lbs Okinawa Sweet Potatoes
2 lbs Unsalted Butter
1 cup Brown Sugar
4 oz Maple Syrup
12 oz Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Cornstarch
Kosher Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Steps 1-6 may be prepared one day in advance of cooking
1) Peel potatoes and cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
2) Melt butter and submerge potatoes into butter and cook at low temperature until potatoes are tender. (THIS METHOD MAINTAINS BRIGHT PURPLE COLOR).
3) Drain potatoes; season with salt and pepper to taste. Reserve butter.
4) Combine brown sugar, maple syrup and chicken stock in a saucepot and bring to a boil. Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of water and whisk into boiling liquid.
5) Turn off heat and whisk in 4-6 ounces of reserved butter. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Arrange potatoes in shallow baking dish, place glaze over top and cool. Cover and refrigerate.
7) Next day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place casserole uncovered into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and bubbly.