An Excessive Heat Watch is in effect for Wednesday afternoon through late Thursday.
Before then though, we will enjoy one more day of comfortable temperatures and lower humidity. High will be in the mid 70s today with clouds and sun. A light passing shower is possible.
Temperatures will grow warmer and more humid Tuesday with highs in the mid 80s.
Wednesday is when the heat will really crank up. It'll be sunny, hot and humid Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
In fact, on Wednesday, it'll feel close to 100 degrees and even hotter Thursday.
Here's some helpful tips for staying safe during excessive heat:
- Stay hydrated (with non-alcoholic beverages, sorry guys), regardless of your activity level.
- Stay indoors, in an air-conditioned place, if possible.
- Limit your outdoor activity.
- Take a cool shower or bath.
- Wear lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave anyone alone in a closed, parked vehicle.
- Don't forget to check on your elderly neighbors.