Cheesy Star-Spangled Square Burger
Topped with star-shaped slices of American cheese, these festive burgers will be a hit at your next summer barbeque.
Servings: 12 | Ready in: 20 minutes
-12 slices Nature’s Own Honey Wheat Bread
-1 envelope (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
-1/2 cup ketchup
-2 pounds extra lean ground beef
-6 slices (1 ounce each) American cheese
1) Preheat broiler
2) Combine beef, soup mix and ketchup in medium bowl; mix thoroughly
3) Spread generous 1/3 cup beef mixture over each bread slice, making sure to spread it slightly over edges of bread.
4) Place on large ungreased baking sheets. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
5) Meanwhile, using a 3” to 4” star cookie cutter, cut out one star from each cheese slice
6) Place one star or cut-out cheese slice on each cooked burger. Broil 1 minute more or until cheese melts.
7) Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired
To create these crowd pleasers, fresh asparagus, deli ham slices and a creamy cheese blend are rolled up into flattened 100% Whole Wheat Bread and baked until golden brown.
Servings: 12 | Ready in: 37 minutes
-12 Nature’s Own 100% Whole Wheat bread slices, trimmed
-1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
-1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
-1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
-24 fresh asparagus spears
-12 thinly sliced deli ham slices
-1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
-garnishes: green onion curl, red bell pepper
Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water.
Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Remove from steamer, and cool on paper towels.
Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten.
Spread 1 side of each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top each with 1 ham slice.
Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed toward opposite ends, on 1 end of each bread slice; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.
Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until golden.
Garnish, if desired.