Campbell’s Recipe: Chicken & Tortellini Stew
Great for Super Bowl Sunday!
Chicken and Tortellini Stew
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (about 1 1/4 cups each)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
1 cup frozen crinkle-cut carrots
1 cup frozen cut green beans
3/4 cup chopped onion
6 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
1/2 of a 12-ounce package uncooked dry cheese-filled tortellini (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Remove the chicken from the saucepot.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the saucepot over medium heat. Add the carrots, beans and onion and cook until they're tender-crisp.
4. Stir in the broth and heat to a boil. Add the tortellini and parsley, if desired. Cook for 10 minutes or until the tortellini is tender. Return the chicken to the saucepot and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Stir in the cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
Check out more recipes from Campbell's: