Juice of 1 Lemon
8 oz Shiitake Mushrooms
8 oz Portobello Mushrooms
8 oz Oyster Mushrooms
4 Finely Minced Shallots
Olive Oil for Sautéing
2 oz White Wine
1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
2 cups of Instant Polenta
1 cup Milk
1 cup Chicken Stock
3 oz Grated Asiago cheese
2 oz Butter
Kosher Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Steps 1-7 may be prepared one day in advance of cooking
1) Remove leaves from artichokes, trim stems, remove chokes and slice. Place into bowl with water and lemon juice.
2) Slice mushrooms and sauté in olive oil with shallots until lightly browned.
3) Add drained artichokes, white wine and rosemary. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until artichokes are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Remove rosemary and place mixture into oven-proof dish.
5) For polenta, bring milk and chicken stock to a boil, whisk in instant polenta, lower heat to a simmer. Continue cooking for 3 - 5 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from heat, add asiago cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Let polenta cool slightly, then place into pastry bag with star tip. Pipe polenta over vegetable mixture in oven-proof dish.
7) Cool completely, cover and refrigerate.
8) Next Day: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, place casserole into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.