A state Supreme Court justice in Manhattan has thrown out a $50 million lawsuit against Curtis Jackson, better known as hip-hop star 50 Cent, by ex-girlfriend Shaniqua Tompkins, Access Hollywood has learned.
The judge dismissed the case entirely on Tuesday, according to court papers acquired by Access.
In the suit, Tompkins asked for half the rapper’s lifetime earnings – no less than $50 million — in response to an alleged verbal promise that he would share his income with her when he “made it big,” as well as ownership of a home in Dix Hills, New York, which burned down last year.
The former couple has a child, Marquise.
“Ms. Tompkins’ claims pertaining to a $50 million verbal contract were entirely frivolous,” the rapper’s attorney, Brett Kimmel, told Access in a statement. “In dismissing the case before trial, the court is sending a clear message. This is a complete and total victory for 50.”
50 himself just seemed happy to have the case finished.
“I’m very thankful for this decision,” he said in a statement to Access. “ I knew that once the facts were heard that justice would prevail. I hope now that we can put this behind us and move forward with our lives.”
In December, the rapper gave Access a similar sentiment in an interview with TV One guest correspondent Quddus.
“I’m not angry with her,” he said at the time. “[The relationship] didn’t work. Like that’s it, you got to move on.”
Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: Access Exclusive: 50 Cent On The Record, Part I
PLAY IT NOW: Access Exclusive: 50 Cent On The Record, Part II