Korean Fried Chicken Wings with V8 V-Fusion + Tea Pineapple Mango Sweet Soy Chile Glaze
3 Cups V8 V-Fusion + Tea Pineapple Mango
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Dried Chile Flakes
½ tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Sesame seeds, toasted
2 Tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Ketchup
Canola oil for frying, as needed
2 lb Chicken Wings
Salt to taste
Ground Black Pepper to taste
2 cup Rice Flour
1. Combine V8 V-Fusion, garlic, ginger, sugar, dried chile flakes, and salt in a medium sauce pan and place over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to boil until the glaze has reduced to about ½ cup or resembles maple syrup. About 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, add sesame seeds, soy sauce, and ketchup. Reserve.
3. Preheat oil to 300F in a suitable vessel for deep frying.
4. Rinse and pat dry chicken wings. Season lightly with salt and black pepper.
5. Lightly dredge with rice flour and shake off excess. Allow flour to set for 1 minute then working in small batches fry in canola oil until cooked through. Wings should float when cooked. About 7 minutes per batch.
6. Remove from oil and reserve on a rack placed over paper towels.
7. Heat oil to 375F.
8. Re-fry wings in canola oil until brown and crispy. Shake off excess oil and immediately toss with glaze. Continue until all wings are completed.
9. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes from Campbell's:
- Slow Cooker Melt-In Your-Mouth Short Ribs
- Chicken & Tortellini Stew
- Slow Baked Barbecue Spare Ribs
- Chilli with Angus Chuck and Harvest Orange Tomato
- Baja Fish Tacos