Chili (made with Certified Angus Chuck and Harvest Orange Tomato)
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 lb. Certified Angus chuck beef roast, (cut in to 1 inch squares)
1 large Onion, chopped (about 1 Cup)
1 ea Red bell pepper, chopped (about ¾ Cup)
1 ea Jalapeno pepper, minced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tbsp Red pepper flakes
1 tsp Dry Oregano
1 can (10 ¾ oz) Harvest Orange Tomato
¼ Cup Coffee
¾ Cup Swanson beef stock
1. Heat a 4 quart sauce pan over medium-high heat for one minute, add the oil.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper, carefully place about a third of the beef in to the hot oil to sear, brown the meat evenly on all sides. Take the meat out of the oil and place on to a plate to drain. (do people drain seared meat in a perforated pan or just on the plate?)
3. Repeat until all of the meat has been browned.
4. Add the onions, garlic and peppers to the oil and gently cook until the vegetables become translucent.
5. Add the spices and gently toast in the hot pan for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the Harvest Tomato Soup and stir the coffee and beef stock, heat for 3 more minutes.
7. Add the beef back to the chili and simmer slowly for 45 minutes.
Check out more recipes from Campbell's:
- Slow Cooker Melt-In Your-Mouth Short Ribs
- Chicken & Tortellini Stew
- Slow Baked Barbecue Spare Ribs
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Korean Fried Chicken Wings with V8 V-Fusion