Lorelei Carlson is a singer-songwriter with a day job and a dream.
She's a fitness coach at Bally's in Center City, but says that's her "little" gig until the big one comes along.
"Ultimately I would love to get signed to a record label, win Grammys and make music for the world, inspire people and write music that matters… something that the music industry is lacking," Lorelei says.
Her stage right now is MySpace, where she released her latest single on Jan. 15, called, "Freakin' Dumb."
Lorelei's genre is pop fusion and her inspiration, she says, comes most often from the streets of Philadelphia and the city's reputation for churning out some sensational performers.
"A lot of artists have come out of Philadelphia – Eve, Pink, The Roots – and I kinda like the concept of being able to represent a city."
Here are a few other facts about this Philly girl:
- Biggest Gig: Singing American Anthem at a Phillies game.
- Favorite Restaurant: Any place that has sushi.
- On her iPod: Incubus, Maria Carey, The Who, Fiona Apple, A Tribe Called Clef, Smashing Pumpkins, The Beatles.
- Favorite TV Shows: The Simpsons and Desperate Housewives
- Favorite Ride: SEPTA. I'm a full-time pedestrian.
- Favorite Pastime: I like to go to the movies and eat really good food.