Head to any one of the 13 benches in the Philly Historic District where costumed storytellers entertain with short stories of our Nation's and Philadelphia's history.
At each location, kids can pick up a Story Flag and collect a star from the storyteller. When all 13 have been collected, they can be redeemed for an Official History Hero Certificate and a special coupon book.
Take a seat at any of the following storytelling locations:
- Independence Visitor Center
- Washington Square – New for 2009!
- Independence Square, behind Independence Hall
- Signers’ Garden – presented by The Avery Foundation
- Second Bank of the United States
- The ACE INA Foundation Storytelling Bench at Carpenters’ Hall
- Harmony Lane
- Franklin Court
- Christ Church
- Betsy Ross House
- Arch Street Meeting House
- The Lincoln Storytelling Bench at the National Constitution Center
- Franklin Square