Recipe Courtesy Christina Dimacali
Updated 3:07 PM EDT, Thu, Aug 30, 2012
For the dry rub:
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thin boneless pork chops
- 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk Dressing
- 3 ounces Spring mix or Arugula greens
- 2 nectarines pitted and sliced
1. In a small bowl combine brown sugar through pepper. Rub the mixture liberally on the pork tenderloin. Wrap pork in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 - 4 hours. (longer means more flavor)
2. Oil a medium high heat grill with canola oil. Grill the pork 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl add 2 Tablespoons Buttermilk Dressing. Add greens and nectarines; toss well. Divide between plates and top with cooked pork chops.
Light Buttermilk Dressing:
Makes ½ cup dressing: (8 servings)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vinegar
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dried herb of your choice (dill, basil or parsley)
1. In a small bowl combine milk and vinegar. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
Recipe courtesy of Christina Dimacali of Clean Your Plate, Philadelphia
First Published: Aug 30, 2012 1:47 PM EDT