SLICED FILET WITH CIPPOLINI ONIONS AND WILD MUSHROOMS
Updated 9:27 AM EDT, Tue, Sep 20, 2011
Filet mignon, 10 oz. 4 ea.
Kosher salt as needed
Cippolini onions, in oil 6 oz.
Wild mushrooms 8 oz.
Fig essence 4 Tbsp.
Demi glace 4 oz.
1) Season steak liberally with salt and cook to the desired degree of doneness.
2) While the steak cooks, place Cippolini onions and mushrooms in a hot sauté pan and begin to cook. Once the mushrooms begin to soften and give off moisture, add in the fig essence and toss to coat.
3) Arrange the onion/mushroom mixture on the center of the plate and place the filet over the top of the mixture.
4) Pour one ounce of the demi-glace around each steak, and serve.
• Do not cook the mushrooms and onions too far in advance or it will destroy the texture.
• Measure the fig essence carefully. If too much is used it will add an unwanted sweetness to the dish. 1 tablespoon per order is just enough to help caramelize the vegetables.
• Grill the steaks over very hot coals.