Courtesy of Chef Christina Dimacala
Updated 11:20 AM EST, Thu, Mar 15, 2012
Quick Angel Hair Siciliana
Yields 2 servings
3 - 4 ounces angel hair pasta (I like Barilla Plus for the extra protein kick!)
1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 Tablespoons pine nuts or blanched slivered almonds
1-14 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons golden raisins
1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna in water, drained
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
½ a lemon
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain well.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet add olive oil and garlic. Place over medium-low heat, toasting the garlic to a light golden color. Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic and set aside.
3. In the remaining oil add crushed red pepper and pine nuts. Cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and raisins, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon for 1 minute.
5. Add the tuna and salt. Use your spoon to break up the tuna into chunks.
6. Stir in cooked pasta and parsley. Plate and top with the toasted garlic chips and a squish of lemon.
First Published: Mar 15, 2012 10:17 AM EST