Lime Berry Cheesecake Mousse
recipe by chef Felix Papadakis
- 1 cup gingersnap cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 10 ounces full fat cream cheese (one 8 ounce block and a quarter--2 ounces)
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (half of a 14 ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- The zest of one lime, grated finely and preferably on a rasp
- 2 ounces of freshly sqeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Any selection of fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries), about 1 cup
Use a rolling pin to crush the gingersnap cookies in a plastic bag to a medium grind and then place in a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir well. Divide amongst the 4 dishes in which you will be serving the mousse.
In a medium bowl, place the cream cheese, the sweetened condensed milk, the vanilla, salt and lime peel and whisk well until there are no lumps, about 2-3 minutes. Add the lime juice and stir well until a mousselike consistency is achieved. Divide the mousse amongst the 4 dishes and top with the berries.
Chill for about 30 minutes and serve.