Officials say a bear repellent spray led to the evacuation of a post office in Northeast Philadelphia on Saturday.
According to investigators, workers at a post office on the 1900 block of Byberry Road found the spray around 11:40 a.m. after someone tried to mail it.
When the workers tried to throw the repellent out, it began to leak -- spreading fumes throughout the building.
The post office was evacuated after 16 people began to feel sick and nauseous.
Police officers and the fire department arrived at the post office and were able to clear the scene. Medics also treated everyone who fell sick. None of them were taken to the hospital.
Bear spray is considered a hazardous good and is therefore not allowed to be mailed. Investigators have not yet revealed the identity of the person who tried to mail the repellent.