Proposed Philly School Closings & Consolidations
The following schools will be recommended for closure. If approved, the closure will be effective Aug. 31
The following schools will be recommended for closure. If approved, the closure will be effective Aug. 31, 2013 and the building will be closed unless otherwise stated.
Planning Area: North-Central West
- Leslie P. Hill Elementary School - 3133 Ridge Ave.
- Thomas M. Pierce Elementary School - 1429 N. 24th St.
- Anna Pratt Elementary School - 2200 N. 22nd St. (building to be re-purposed as an early childhood/kindergarten)
- General John F. Reynolds Elementary School - 2300 W. Cambria St.
- Roberts Vaux Promise Academy - 2300 W Master St.
- John G. Whittier Elementary School - 3001 N. 27th St.
Planning Area: North-Central East
- Charles Carroll High School - 2700 E Auburn St.
- Stephen A. Douglas High School - 40 E High St.
- Fairhill Elementary School - 601 W. Somerset St.
- Joseph C. Ferguson Elementary School - 2000 N. 7th St.
- Sheridan West Academy - 3701 Frankford Ave. (move up closure from Aug. 31, 2014 to June 30, 2013)
- Bayard Taylor Elementary School - 3698 N. Randolph St.
Planning Area: Northwest
- Robert Fulton Elementary School - 60 E Haines St.
- Germantown High School - 40 E High St.
- John L. Kinsey Elementary School - 6501 Limekiln Pike
- Philadelphia Military Academy at Leeds - 1100 Mt. Pleasant Ave. (Effective June 30, 2013 - plan to merge with Elverson located at 2118 N. 13th St.)
- Theodore Roosevelt Middle School - 430 E Washington Lane
Planning Area: Southwest
- Communications Technology School - 8110 Lyons Ave.
- Motivation High School - 2555 S 78th St. (move school to Turner Middle School building at 5900 Baltimore Ave.)
- George Pepper Middle School - 2901 S. 84th St. (change closure date from Aug. 31, 2016 to June 30, 2013)
- Paul Robeson High School - 4125 Ludlow Street,
- Anna H. Shaw Middle School - 5400 Warrington Ave.
- University City High School - 3601 Filbert Street
- Alexander Wilson Elementary School - 1300 S. 46th St
Planning Area: West
- Joseph Leidy Elementary School - 1301 Belmont Avenue,
- Robert E. Lamberton High School - 7501 Woodbine Avenue (building will remain home to Lamberton Elementary School)
Planning Area: South-Central
- Edward Bok Technical High School - 1901 S 19th St.
- Walter G. Smith Elementary School - 1900 Wharton St.
- Abigail Vare Elementary School - 1621 E. Moyamensing Avenue (Close the school building only and relocate the Vare elementary school program into to George Washington Elementary School at 1198 S. 5th St.
- George Washington Elementary School - 1198 S. 5th St. (Effective June 30, 2013 - close the educational program only and relocate the Abigail Vare Elementary School program at same building)
Planning Area: Northeast
Carnell Middle Years Annex at Fels - Per the SRC: "Close the school building located at Deveraux
Avenue and Langdon Street and declare it unused and unnecessary for School District purposes pursuant to Section 7-707 of the Public School Code and ratify the relocation of the educational program to a leased building at St. Bernard’s Parish School located at 7360 Jackson Street, effective December, 2012.