The following schools will be recommended for closure. If approved, the closure will be effective Aug. 31, 2013 and the building will be closed unless otherwise stated.
Planning Area: North-Central West
- Leslie P. Hill Elementary School - 3133 Ridge Ave.
- Thomas M. Pierce Elementary School - 1429 N. 24th St.
- Anna Pratt Elementary School - 2200 N. 22nd St. (building to be re-purposed as an early childhood/kindergarten)
- General John F. Reynolds Elementary School - 2300 W. Cambria St.
- Roberts Vaux Promise Academy - 2300 W Master St.
- John G. Whittier Elementary School - 3001 N. 27th St.
Planning Area: North-Central East
- Charles Carroll High School - 2700 E Auburn St.
- Stephen A. Douglas High School - 40 E High St.
- Fairhill Elementary School - 601 W. Somerset St.
- Joseph C. Ferguson Elementary School - 2000 N. 7th St.
- Sheridan West Academy - 3701 Frankford Ave. (move up closure from Aug. 31, 2014 to June 30, 2013)
- Bayard Taylor Elementary School - 3698 N. Randolph St.
Planning Area: Northwest
- Robert Fulton Elementary School - 60 E Haines St.
- Germantown High School - 40 E High St.
- John L. Kinsey Elementary School - 6501 Limekiln Pike
- Philadelphia Military Academy at Leeds - 1100 Mt. Pleasant Ave. (Effective June 30, 2013 - plan to merge with Elverson located at 2118 N. 13th St.)
- Theodore Roosevelt Middle School - 430 E Washington Lane
Planning Area: Southwest
- Communications Technology School - 8110 Lyons Ave.
- Motivation High School - 2555 S 78th St. (move school to Turner Middle School building at 5900 Baltimore Ave.)
- George Pepper Middle School - 2901 S. 84th St. (change closure date from Aug. 31, 2016 to June 30, 2013)
- Paul Robeson High School - 4125 Ludlow Street,
- Anna H. Shaw Middle School - 5400 Warrington Ave.
- University City High School - 3601 Filbert Street
- Alexander Wilson Elementary School - 1300 S. 46th St
Planning Area: West
- Joseph Leidy Elementary School - 1301 Belmont Avenue,
- Robert E. Lamberton High School - 7501 Woodbine Avenue (building will remain home to Lamberton Elementary School)
Planning Area: South-Central
- Edward Bok Technical High School - 1901 S 19th St.
- Walter G. Smith Elementary School - 1900 Wharton St.
- Abigail Vare Elementary School - 1621 E. Moyamensing Avenue (Close the school building only and relocate the Vare elementary school program into to George Washington Elementary School at 1198 S. 5th St.
- George Washington Elementary School - 1198 S. 5th St. (Effective June 30, 2013 - close the educational program only and relocate the Abigail Vare Elementary School program at same building)
Planning Area: Northeast
Carnell Middle Years Annex at Fels - Per the SRC: "Close the school building located at Deveraux
Avenue and Langdon Street and declare it unused and unnecessary for School District purposes pursuant to Section 7-707 of the Public School Code and ratify the relocation of the educational program to a leased building at St. Bernard’s Parish School located at 7360 Jackson Street, effective December, 2012.