The life of a pregnant Virginia mother of four young children was cut short this week when she was stung by wasps and suddenly died.
Sarah Harkins was in her Spotsylvania County backyard Sunday afternoon when she was stung by wasps, her family said. The 32-year-old mother had an allergic reaction to the bites.
"She fell unconscious and went to the hospital, and it was discovered there was a brain aneurysm, and during the trauma of it all, it burst and caused her death," Sarah's brother Tom Schulzetenberg said.
Schulzentenberg said his sister had always wanted a big family. She had four young children, and another girl on the way.
"It's something that you never really prepare for. We're doing our best to hold each other up," Schulzentenberg said.
He told News4 his sister was beloved by all. She made rosary beads and home-schooled her children.
"With Sarah gone, [her husband] Eric is not equipped to do this by himself," Schulzetenberg said.
As of Friday morning, donations on the two sites had exceeded a total of $158,000.
"We've received donations from France, Germany, Japan." Schulzetenberg said. "Pray for the children. Pray for Eric. Pray for peace and strength for them."
Sarah would have celebrated her 33rd birthday on Saturday.