Underground Fire Causes Overnight Scare in Queen Village

Some homes were evacuated overnight because of a carbon monoxide scare after an underground fire

By Tim Furlong and Lauren DiSanto
|  Thursday, Feb 7, 2013  |  Updated 12:19 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Several homes were evacuated overnight in Queen Village, after an underground fire and carbon monoxide scare. NBC10's Tim Furlong was first on the scene.

NBC10 Philadelphia - Tim Furlong

Several homes were evacuated overnight in Queen Village, after an underground fire and carbon monoxide scare. NBC10's Tim Furlong was first on the scene.

advertisement

Some PECO wires caught fire underground early this morning, giving Queen Village residents a scare.

NBC10 was first on the scene on the 700 block of East Passyunk Avenue.

Fire crews put out the fire, but a few hours later a carbon monoxide detector went off in a nearby home and that person called police.

When crews arrived back on the scene, they found high levels of carbon monoxide in homes and businesses in the area. Some evacuations were made as precaution.

The power was shut off while PECO checked the levels with a handheld meter.

No one was injured.
 

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out