After over a month of searching, the body of 21-year-old college student Shane Montgomery was found Saturday. Here is the timeline of the search for Shane.
Nov. 26 – Nov. 27
- Shane Montgomery, a Roxborough native and West Chester University student goes out with his friends Thanksgiving Eve
- Shane and his friends visit Kildare’s Pub on 4417 Main Street in Manayunk
- Friends try to text Shane to tell him they are getting ready to leave. Shane’s phone is apparently dead at this point.
- Bouncer at Kildare’s tells Shane to leave after claiming he bumped into the DJ table around 1:45 a.m.
- Shane is reported missing
- Volunteers, police marine unit, K-9 units join search effort along the Schuylkill River and Main Street in Manayunk
- Family offers $10,000 reward for information leading to Shane’s whereabouts. Fraternal Order of Police offers $5,000 reward
- Help Find Shane Go Fund Me Page created
- Digital billboards begin to display Shane’s pictures
- West Chester University releases statement on Shane’s disappearance
- Kildare’s Irish Pub offers $10,000 for information leading to Shane’s whereabouts, bringing reward total up to $25,000
- Overall reward money increases to $31,000 after contributions from the Grog Grill in Brwyn Mawr, Pa. and the Student Government Association of West Chester University
- Bimbo Bakeries adds $9,000, bringing reward total to $40,000
- Kildare’s publicly announces that employees saw Shane walking on Main Street about 45 minutes to an hour after he left the pub
- FBI announces they expanded search area from Schuylkill River to Henry Avenue and Green Lane to Lincoln Drive
- Reward increases to $50,000.
- Rosary for Shane held at St. John the Baptist Church on 146 Rector Street
- Volunteers wear green ribbons to raise awareness and honor Shane
- Montgomery family announces they reached out to Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit, a volunteer diving recovery team, for help in the search
- Shane’s mother says she texts her son every day to “ask him to help me find him,” during interview with TODAY Show
- Body found in the Schuylkill River behind the Manayunk Street Brewery at Main Street and Shurs Lane around 12:15 p.m. Family confirms it's Shane