Students Evacuated at Rowan University

By Kelly Bayliss
|  Tuesday, May 6, 2014  |  Updated 1:18 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Students Evacuated at Rowan University

NBC 7 San Diego

Residents of a student housing building on Rowan University's campus in Glassboro, N.J. were evacuated Tuesday morning after a gas odor was detected.

The building houses approximately 50 students who were evacuated around 8:20 after a lawnmower hit a gas line, causing a minor leak.

Fire crews and police investigated the incident, a quick repair was made and students were allowed to return to their residences about an hour later.

No one was injured in the incident.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
10 Questions With
We sit down with some of the most... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out