Cash Register Catches Fire Inside Mall Store

The Hamilton Mall will open today

By Lauren DiSanto
|  Thursday, Feb 7, 2013  |  Updated 10:26 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Cash Register Catches Fire Inside Mall Store

NBC10 Philadelphia

This is a picture of the scorched cash register.

advertisement

It turns out this morning's fire at the Hamilton Mall started inside a cash register.

Fire Chief Shawn Vallauri, Cologne Volunteer Fire Co., tells NBC10 the fire started in a register at the Hollister store inside the mall, located on the Black Horse Pike in Hamilton Township.

Store associates weren't able to put out the flames and the sprinkler system kicked on.

Multiple fire departments were called to the mall, and the Atlantic County Fire Marshal reported a lot of smoke inside. Crews called for exhaust fans to vent it out.

Chief Vallauri says the mall will be open today.

 

 


 

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out