South Jersey Home Destroyed After Heating Device Explodes

A family of five was inside the house at the time of the incident, no one was seriously injured, according to authorities.

By Danielle Johnson
|  Monday, Feb 4, 2013  |  Updated 11:15 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Heating Device Explodes, Destroys SJ Home

NBC10.com

advertisement

One child was sent to the hospital after a heating device exploded inside the basement of a South Jersey home.

Authorities say it happened Saturday around 2:51 p.m. at home on the 600 block of Duere Street in Galloway Township, Atlantic County. A family of five was inside the house at the time of the incident.  Diane Norman, the owner, says she was thrown to the floor.

“It lifted me up off the ground and the fireplace blew open,” Norman told NBC10. “The pictures flew off the wall and the refrigerators all flew open.”

No one was seriously hurt the explosion which caused significant damage to the entire home.

Authorities say the family cannot return to the home at this time since the home is not safe..
 

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first 2014... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out