Smoke Found in Basement of Independence Hall

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print

    NEWSLETTERS

    NBC10.com

    Firefighters were called to Independence Hall early Sunday morning after smoke was found inside the basement.

    Officials say the smoke was spotted shortly after 5 a.m. at the historic building on the 500 block of Chestnut Street. Firefighters were able to place the small fire under control around 5:30 a.m.

    No one was injured during the incident.

    No damage was reported.

    Officials have not yet revealed the cause of the fire.

    This story is developing. Stay with NBC10.com for updates.