Police Investigate Woman's Carbon Monoxide Death

Sunday, Jun 30, 2013  |  Updated 12:08 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Police Investigate Woman's Carbon Monoxide Death

Getty Images

advertisement

Police say an Allegheny woman died of carbon monoxide, apparently after a car was accidentally left running in the garage attached to the home she shared with her husband.

Plum police Chief Frank Monaco says 66-year-old Mary Harris and her 67-year-old husband, Gary, were found unresponsive in their home about 2 p.m. Wednesday. That happened after their daughter went to the home after not being able to reach the couple on the telephone.

The chief says a car was found in the garage with no gasoline in it. The garage door was closed and the adjoining home did not have carbon monoxide detectors.

Mary Harris was pronounced dead at the scene, but her husband was taken to Allegheny General Hospital where he was listed in good condition and is expected to make a full recovery.

More stories on NBC10.com:

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first 2014... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out