Chemicals Used in Suicide Attempt Spark Neighborhood Emergency

By NBC10.Com Staff
|  Saturday, Feb 22, 2014  |  Updated 7:26 PM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Police, fire and rescue crews were at the scene of a hazardous material spill.

NBC10.com

Police, fire and rescue crews were at the scene of a hazardous material spill.

advertisement

A Montgomery County man used unknown chemicals in an attempt to take his own life, leading to a neighborhood emergency Saturday.

Police say a 43-year-old man, who lived in a home on the 100 block of Archbishop Drive in Conshohocken, suffered chemical burns when he was mixing materials around 10:45 a.m.

The man was decontaminated and transported to Temple University Hospital. His condition is unknown.

Emergency management officials declared a limited state of emergency for the North Lane area of Plymouth Township following the incident, according to reports.

Neighbors were asked to stay indoors until officials determined that no hazardous materials had escaped the man's home.

The fire department, police and public safety officials also set up a staging area nearby in the North Wayne Apartments until the area was deemed safe around 4 p.m.

The incident remains under investigation.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
FlyeredUp: Win 2 Tickets to Flyers Playoff Game
Win two tickets to the first... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out