Hazardous Leak at Philadelphia VA Hospital

Chopper10 flew over the scene as emergency crews checked out a gas leak reported in the basement of the hospital

View Comments ()




    Emergency crews were called just after 9:00 p.m. Thursday to the Philadelphia VA Medical Center on the 3900 block of Baltimore Avenue in University City for reports of a gas leak.

    The type of gas that leaked is ethylene oxide, which is flammable and can potentially be fatal if absorbed through the skin or inhaled.

    Hazmat crews checked the basement of the hospital where the leak was reported. The situation was under control in less than an hour.

    No one was injured.