Fumes in Grocery Store Land 2 in Hospital

By Dan Stamm
|  Monday, May 6, 2013  |  Updated 11:33 AM EDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Fumes in Grocery Store Hurt 2

NBC10

Fumes shutdown this Bensalem, Pa. grocery store on May 5, 2013.

Related Stories

Two people were hospitalized after being overcome by fumes at a Bucks County grocery store late last night.

Emergency responders were called to the GIANT Food Store along the 2700 block of Street Road in Bensalem, Pa. around 11 p.m. Sunday to investigate.

Two people were rushed to the hospital complaining of symptoms from the fumes, according to Bucks County fire dispatchers.

The exact extent of their exposure wasn't clear.

Early Monday morning it was determined that a propane saw being used in the store was the source of the fumes.

The store, which is normally open 24 hours a day, remained closed most of Monday morning. Fire trucks were seen parked out front in the early morning hours.

A GIANT spokesman said the store was reopen shortly after 11 a.m.

 

Click here for more local news stories.

 


Get the latest from NBC10 Philadelphia anytime: Android/iPhone/iPad Apps | SMS Alerts | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | RSS

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
10 Questions With
We sit down with some of the most... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out